Saturday, February 19, 2011

The France Plan

So I’m moving to France.  I guess I still have to work.  (Most unfortunate).  I started calculating the costs of being on vacation for a year and half, and it did not end well.

One of the first things people ask me is, “What are you going to do there??”  So I thought that’d be a good starting point.  This is the tentative plan through 2012, but who knows! (“The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.” Prov 16:9)

March-October 2011:
  • Work in the office of Fat Tire Bike Tours, a company that gives biking & walking tours of Paris.  It was started by an Aggie, and has an Aggie as the manager!  A little home sweet home.
  • Skip around Paris every day singing about the wonder that is Paris in falsetto
  • Eat incredible amounts of butter, cheese, bread, & pastries
  • Gain 10 pounds, freak out, start exercising more and lay off the butter.
  • More skipping, more singing.
October 2011-October 2012
  • Get a job as an au pair (nanny) where I pick up the kids from school around 4pm, cook dinner, put them to bed.  This provides a place to stay (living with the family), food to eat, and pocket money.
  • During the day, start working on a business idea (I have plans brewing) to keep me in France long term.
October 2012
  • Evaluate.  Do I like living in Paris?  Are my business ideas working out?  Do I stay another year or do I say, “Sacre Bleu, that was fun!” and head back to the states?
The truth is that this move could have me in Paris indefinitely, but for now, I’m committing to a year and a half, and then I'll reevaluate.  Feel free to pray for me, come visit, and/or send me work-out dvd’s.  I LOVE FRANCE!!!

1 comment:

  1. wow! i just love your spontenaity julie and most especially the courage to take on a whole new world! i grew up way too sheltered and i cant imagine my life outsie of plano!! i envy you! best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete