Sunday, July 1, 2012

Blue, blue, & blue: Greek Island Bliss

Greece did not disappoint.
I decided this will be my apartment.  You are welcome to come visit anytime!  The address is Tiny blue window by corner flower pot, 1,000 Foot Cliff, Oia, Santorini, Greece.

But let's begin on the plane.
Please use Exit A if you want a raft to avoid drowning, or Exit B if you prefer to forget about the plane crash and use this opportunity to jump off the wing and play ring around the rosey in the ocean.

 My favorite things in life include France, food, travel, and airplane safety card drawings.

First Greek salad. It is love. 100 to follow.

Baklava in Athens, with a view of the Akropolis...but I chose to stare at the baklava.
Fanny packs are in.  Not just for hipsters, also for creepy Greek men.
The Greece of my dreams.
  View from our apartment in Santorini
 There was much appreciation, excitement and dancing at all times.

Sunset cruise.  What a day.
This is Mike. We're in love. Our love relationship mostly involves me taking stalker pictures of him while he sails the boat and does other manly things, like being Greek.
In case Maygan ever wanted to star in a Mythos ad.
The day's activities involved jumping of the boat, cliff jumping, swimming at the base of a volcano, pretty standard.
Back of the boat with the grill going.  Best restaurant yet.
 Amazing group.
This is our secret way of saying we love each other. And also his way of telling me I'm not very covert.
Everybody put your hands together now!
Then it turned into a bright orange ball, and we watched it sink directly into the middle of the Agean Sea.
Do you see this deliciousness?
 And this view?
And this fresh grilled fish??
Black sand at Kamari Beach
Mindy and I, with gladness in our hearts, returned for a second sailing trip. 
Sitting on the net at the front of the catamaran. Bluest water.
Mike and I discussing our future together, how he will sail the boat and cook delicious things like Shrimp Saganaki for me every day as we live happily ever after sailing around the world.
The view I'd been waiting for
 As you may know, Santorini is perfect for Parkour!  Kyle Parkoured like crazy.
Surf on top of a white washed church perched on a cliff, check.
Is this real?
Parkour!

We may have been sad to leave Santorini...
but Mykonos stepped up to the plate.
with sun so bright you hardly have a face.
and more beautiful sunsets.
Finally, what I will be dreaming of for months to come...my favorite beach, Platis Galios.
And our favorite super friendly waiter bringing us freshly made frozen fruity concoctions inches from the crystal clear water.  I will be back.  Oh yes, I will be back.

5 comments:

  1. wow! greece is beautiful. i already know this. i'll never tire of people's greece trip pics. you take amazing photos. and seriously? you guys looked like you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was so beautiful! I felt the same way, I've always loved looking at photos of Greece. Must return one day!!

      Delete
  2. Ok. I was cracking up through this whole blog post!! Ahh your love affair with Mike! However, there is NO mention of Alexamder in this blog post! I am sending you the screen shots from my phone tonight btw! Can we just go back to Greece now?? Perhaps for your wedding to Mike? ;) Props to you and Maygan for getting your blog posts up so fast. It's taking me forever to go through and edit all the pics. BEST. VACATION. EVERRRR...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie! So I am catching up on your blog this morning and your pictures are incredible! I am so glad that you are having a wonderful time traveling the world and going on so many adventures. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amit!! Good to hear from you! Hope you're doing well!

      Delete