Saturday, February 2, 2013

Paris by Porsche & the Power of Louboutins


A couple weeks ago, we had our first big night of snow. You can't tell here, but it was like being in a snow globe - huge fluffy magical snowflakes falling everywhere, heavily, non-stop.  Jillian and I went to our back porch and jumped up and down and squealed and caught snowflakes on our tongues.  

Then, just like every night of the week, I had a date.  It was a night to put in the "This can't be real" category.  The scenery couldn't have been any better, what with the magical falling snow cascading around me with Ecole Militaire lit up across the street and bustling cafes on each corner.  "Oh, Paris lit up by night with magical snow fall, how boring!", I thought to myself, until a PORSCHE pulls up, and lo and behold, it's my date.  Picking me up.  In a Porsche.  To drive through snowy Paris.

Now, I don't care about that kind of thing and am much more apt to pick a guy with a scooter over a fancy car.  In fact, I made it a point to pretend like I didn't even notice it wasn't a used Kia, but secretly, I was finding it hard to play it cool and not just giggle outright over this ridiculous combination of circumstances.

Never mind that this guy and I have completely different worldviews and could never be in a relationship, OR that I had 3 of my friends tracking me with the "Find Your Friends" app to make sure I wasn't getting kidnapped.  Let's just focus on the fact that it was snowing, and I was on a date in Paris in a Porsche.

Let's also focus on the fact that he kept saying he wanted to by me a pair of Louboutin shoes, going so far as to stop at one of the stores on the way home to look in the window and have me point out which ones I would want.  I think it's love!

Did I mention he only works 7 months out of the year (in the south of France) and spends the other 5 months in Paris doing NOTHING, and he hopes to stop working within the next 3 years, at which point he wants to buy a boat and sail around exotic islands for the rest of his life.  Anyway, you're invited to the wedding and to our boat.  

But really. Did that happen?  Do people like that actually exist?  Did I already start hating him with a bitter hatred as soon as I found out he only works half the year?

Here is what I would choose, by the way.
or these.
Probably couldn't walk in them without risk of snapping an ankle, but if you're going for a $900 pair of shoes, go big.   And just stand there.

I read in a magazine the other day that in a vote between a lifetime supply of Louboutins or one night with Ryan Gosling, 75% of women would choose the Louboutins!!



????!!!!!

???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love shoes, but I would take five minutes locked in a damp basement with Ryan Gosling over shoes.  Memories are forever, ladies.  "So you guys just stood there in the basement?" "Yes. For five minutes."  Worth it.

3 comments:

  1. This story definitely falls into the "it would only happen to Julie Neis" category. Could not stop laughing at it and MISSING YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine if the store had been open. A girl can dream. Miss you too Brookie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo, when's the next date with this soul mate of yours?!

    ReplyDelete