Monday, March 5, 2012

It's a Leap Day Miracle!

Last Wednesday, I was doing what most everyone else in the world was doing, celebrating the elusive February 29th as is a worldwide custom. 

If you haven't seen the Leap Day William episode of 30 Rock, I'll give you the 3 point synopsis. But please, do yourself a favor and watch it.

1. Leap Day William comes out every 4 years to trade the tears of children for candy.
2. You have to wear blue & yellow or else you get your hair pulled and your eyes poked. ("Poke your eye, pull your hair, you forgot what clothes to wear.") 
3. Nothing counts on Leap Day. Real life is for March!


Jillian invited everyone over for a Leap Day party, and while I'll admit it was a great idea, it's a Leap Day miracle that I didn't kill everyone and kick them out of the house because for some reason I was just in a completely anti-social and generally unpleasant mood. The BEST kind of mood to be in when people are coming over to your apartment for a party.  Thankfully, I got over it.  

Everyone was dressed in their Leap Day best!

There were Leap Day cookies...

A Leap balloon...

Even the horse was festively involved...Although, wait a second...anyone else scared out of their mind by the DEMON HORSE??
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Seriously though.  I used to love this horse, and now I'm just scared. I walk around the apartment making sure not to ever break eye contact.

EVER.

I don't know how you can move onto this sentence, I can't even break my eyes away from the picture.  I'm just typing and staring.

Don't worry, we're all about professional lighting supplies to look our absolute glowiest.

Now let's move on to the real Leap Day miracle...a bike mechanic, dressed in Leap Day colors, wearing a suit, who comes to your party, WITH tools, to pull out your poor sad disassembled bike that's been cooped up in a cardboard box for a year...
and, with the speed of a Tour de France professional (because he is, actually, a Tour de France professional)...takes your little bike out of its bubble wrap, puts it together piece by piece, and gives it life again.
All while wearing blue gloves that match the yellow shirt to make the outfit even MORE Leap Day worthy!! Dare I say this might be Leap Day William dressed in disguise as Jeff Rogers??

Isn't. she. beautiful. 
I actually hugged my bike.  We've been through a lot together, this bike and I.  And I can't wait to go on some long beautiful bike rides.  Together again!

Being Wednesday night and all, we couldn't have people over too late, so around 11:30, Jillian started herding people out the door and down the street to Dernier Metro for those who wanted to continue hanging out.  It was Jillian's Friday night but it was still my Wednesday so I opted to stay home since I had to work early.  Soon it was just me and the Leap balloon, the final Leap Day miracle...
Magically hovering in the corner without any reason to be floating since it had no helium.

It's either a LDM or it's being controlled by the eyes of the demon horse.
RE-RE-RE

(Horror movie noise).

Hope everyone enjoyed their extra day, got lots of candy, and didn't get your eyes poked.  Happy Leap Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment