Thursday, April 7, 2011

One Month Anniversaire!!

Today marks one month of being in Paris!  Does that feel like a time warp to anyone else??  I feel like I JUST got here.  That’s insane.  I realize I have posted all of two times in the past month, and I do intend to have a higher blogging frequency now that I can start getting settled, and I'm not wasting time fruitlessly searching for apartments and crying.
 
As you know, my first two weeks were pretty physically/emotionally/mentally draining, I had a couple mini meltdowns, and then proceeded to buckle under the stress of not being able to find an apartment and ended up getting a place that is waaaay-hay-hay over my budget.  I will therefore be eating PB&J sandwiches every day in order to pay for my apartment…WHICH by the way, is awesome and adorable and on my favorite street in the world, and I absolutely love it!!! 

I may regret it in a few months when I have absolutely no money left over to do anything but sit in my apartment and eat crackers.  But it’s only a 6 month lease, so I figure…how often do I get to live in Paris???  (Once every 29 years, historically).   

I can live in my dream apartment for 6 months in its perfect location with its adorable courtyards, stroll up and down my adorable street stuffing my face with pastries & sighing in happiness, and THEN, when the lease is up, face reality, cut down on my carb and sugar consumption, and find something cheaper. 

But for now…IT’S AMAZING!!!  I seriously smile every time I walk down my adorable amazing street, Rue Cler, which is featured in guidebooks and has always been an immediate must-visit street every time I’ve come to Paris over the years…please see how adorable:





And then more smiling again when I walk through the adorable amazing courtyard…



And then again when I sit at my desk and look out the beautiful French window at the vines covering the building across from me while I listen to someone play piano in the apartment below while the birds chirp along.  Usually while eating a 9 foot baguette, not surprising.

Confession: 2 nights ago, after eating quite a large dinner, I came home and then proceeded to eat a substantially giant block of cheese & finished off a jar of Nutella with just the jar and a spoon (I don’t even pretend to use the crepe anymore...it was just getting in the way).  There I said it, it’s out there.  Cheese block.  Nutella jar.  I’m not allowed to buy anymore.  

Okay cheese is still allowed, but Nutella is BANNED. 

Your soon to be fat friend,
Julie

9 comments:

  1. LOL!!!!!!!!! Oh sweet Julie, this just made me smile so much!! I envy you sweet friend. I love your passion and excitement for being there in that BEAUTIFUL city right now. I think about you constantly and love that you're following after your dreams!! Inspiring to SO many others. LOVE YOU BE FRI!!!!!!!! Keep theses blogs comin'!
    -Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes it does feel like a time warp bc I am SHOCKED its been a month. Doesnt seem for real!
    -Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful for your posts as I can relate to the meltdown that at times still happen, maybe I need the NUTELLA :). The inbetweens are filled with so many moments of newness, exploration, hope, thankfulness, and expectation. Praying and thinking of you dear friend. It looks truly gorgeous. Let's skype soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That street is beautiful!!! ...and Nutella, 9ft baguettes and cheese blocks sound scrumptious! Exited for you friend... look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful street and please rethink the banning of nutella. actually my very favorite thing the one time i got to visit paris. praying for you as you soak up this adventure with the Lord! i have a moment of jealousy as i type that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that you are living in such a cool apt. Praying that the Lord would continue to watch over you. Praying that you would enjoy this time of your life!

    Psalm 9:1-2

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks and sounds so whimsical. Reminds me of the end of 'Sabrina'. I hope your Harrison Ford shows up so that you can at least eat something besides Nutella and cheese. :) Have a great day of French worship...Prov 3:5,6. Mark McLaughlin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't have Nutella in our house either... so dangerous!!!! I'm glad to hear you are settled and seeing la vie en rose! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoying your blog so much though only a few posts it felt like I was there with you everyday! So glad you are getting settled! Your apartment loc is amazing! It looks like snippets from a movie! I admire you and envy you and can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete